Saturday, January 26, 2013

I know that I said that I'm not good at this writing stuff, but if there's one thing I've learned it's that the Lord provides. When my plane landed in Dallas I texted my mother to let her know i had made the first leg of my trip. She texted me that a man in my church, John Tod Cornett was at DFW and might want to see me. As soon as I read that I looked up and there he was. We shook hands and started talking for a minute. He asked how long my layover was and I told him. He immediately offered to put me in the admirals club so that I could wait for my plane comfortably. Now, I had never been in the admirals club before so he took me up and showed me around, then left to catch his flight. While I was waiting I sat down next to a lady and ordered some food. I struck up a conversation with her and she seemed to be pretty open. We began to talk about my trip and what I would be doing, and she was really interested. We probably sat there for an hour discussing different thing and how our world relates to those less fortunate than us. When she finally had to leave to catch her flight, she went and talked to my waitress and left. The waitress came by and started to take my empty plate, so I asked for the bill. She told me that the lady I was talking to had paid for it.

I think that God gives us signs from time to time. Every person that I have talked to about Africa have been completely supportive of what I am doing. I don't think I can ask for a better sign that I am doing what I am supposed to do than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment