Friday, January 25, 2013

Leaving

I'll be the first to tell you that I am not good at writing about myself, but here goes.Over the next six months I will be living in Kenya. I honestly have no idea what to expect while I am there, but I pray that I can help some people. That is my goal, everything else comes second. Now most people who know me will tell you that what I am wanting to accomplish is special, the truth is that I see myself as a common lowly sinner. Here's the thing though, I don't believe that our Father works through extraordinary people. I believe that He can take ordinary people who have made mistakes in their past and, sometimes literally, throws them in extraordinary situations. One day in Heaven someone will ask Paul how he views himself before he found Christ, and I bet that he will say that he was the worst of sinners. His sins are not what he is known for now, though. He is remembered for Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, and Philemon. God put him in extraordinary situations and he passed them with flying colors. That's what I am striving to find in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment