Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ok this is going to be kind of hard to type. Today I was sitting in Francis' land cruiser waiting for him to get something from a store. I was in a hurry (shows how used to Africa I am), because I thought we needed to leave for Bungoma about two hours earlier and I was still waiting. An elderly man waked up to the car I was in and started to ask me for money. I get asked for money a lot and usually it is just people who want money from a mezungu. So I told the man no. I'm not kidding you about 30 seconds later a group of guys came by trying to sell me a coat and they pointed out that the vehicle I am in has a cross on it and says "Christian Relief Fund". That's when I realized that I said no. I saw a man who needed help and encouragement and I said no. That was God telling me to wake up right there and realize just why I am here. I am here to say yes when he is asking me. I sat there in the car and realized all of this at once. That hurt. I jumped out of the vehicle and ran in the direction that the man went, but I couldn't find him. I searched for a while, but didn't find him. I went back to the car and did the only thing that I could do. Pray. I probably prayed for ten or 15 minutes and, once again, I am not kidding when I lifted my head that man was coming around the corner. I have no idea where he came from but I didn't care. I pulled him over and finally took a good look at him. he had lost an eye some time back and he had many teeth missing. I didn't know what was wrong with him but he was in some pain and he hadn't eaten in a very long time. I immediately put my hand on him and prayed for him. When I said amen he looked up at me crying and thanked me. I gave him some money for food and medicine and he thanked me again, then went on his way.

God's agenda is much more important than any man's agenda. Please pray for me to learn to understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment